MIAN MUHAMMAD ASHRAF ASMI | ADVOCATE | HIGH COURT
A self-motivated person with diverse educational and professional background in the fields of law, education & training, economics and administration. A high achiever with excellent leadership and motivational qualities.
• Chairman Human Rights Committee Lahore High Court bar Lahore(2018-2019)
• Chairman Human Rights Committee Lahore High Court bar Lahore(2017-2018)
• Chairman Human Rights Committee Lahore High Court bar Lahore(2016-2017)
• Co-Chairman Human Rights Committee Lahore High Court Bar Association (2015-2016)
• Vice Chairman Jail & Prisons Reforms and Monitoring Committee Punjab, Lahore High Court Bar Association (2014-2015)
• Chairman Human Rights Committee Lahore Bar Association (2014-2015)
• Column Writer Qanooni Mashweray in The Family Magazine of Nawa E Waqat Group
• Senior Vice President World Columnist Club
• Chairman Local Zakat & Ushar Committee Govt. of Punjab, Lahore2010-till date.
• Advocate on the Panel of State Bank of Pakistan and National Bank of Pakistan
From September 1994–to date: Serving as Associate member of M/s. Kh. Waheed Law Associates.
Dealing with court cases related to civil, criminal, tax and banking matters
From March 1992 – May 2006: Managed the affairs of Cogent Institute of Management & Information Technology (CIMT) as Chief Executive/ Principal:
• Secured collaboration of CIMT with TXDLA of USA, Directorate of Technical Education (Punjab) and Department of Education Govt. of Punjab
• Managed professional courses for MCS, MBA, BBA and BCS in collaboration with TXDLA of USA
• Managed DCS and CCP programs recognized by Directorate of Technical Education (Punjab)
• Managed and conducted coaching classes for CIMA, ACCA, AAT (now PAPFIA), M.A (Economics)
• CIMT was regarded as the most proficient institute conducting coaching classes in Lahore for Diploma of Institute of Bankers of Pakistan
• Supervised the Management Health Diploma for medical doctors
• As Chief Executive/Principal managed all affairs relating to finance, administration, curriculum development, etc.
Courses conducted for Masters, Bachelors and professional classes including
• Company Law
• International Public Law
• Business Law
• Income Tax Law
• Islamic Law
• Financial Accounting
• Micro Economics
• Macro Economics
• Economics of Pakistan
• Islamic Economics
• International Economics
• Money Banking & Finance, etc.
• Member Lahore Bar Association
• Member Lahore High Court Bar Association
• Member Lahore Tax Bar Association
• Associate Member TXDLA of USA
• Advocate on the Panel of State Bank of Pakistan
• Advocate on the Panel of National Bank of Pakistan
Workshops and Seminars:
• Arranged Educational workshops as Director Education Punjab under the auspices of Mustafai Foundation Pakistan.
• Supervised Teachers Training and Leadership Workshops at Punjab Public Library Lahore.
• Supervised Seminar on the concept of “Welfare State in Islam” at Al Hamra Hall Lahore Presided by Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs
• Supervised Seminar on the concept of “Role of Sufia in Society” at Al Hamra Hall Lahore Presided by Secretary Auqaf & Religious Department Govt. of Punjab.
• Attended numerous seminars and workshops on education, Islamic economics, social justice, narcotics control, etc.
• Participant of Programme of Subh-e-Noor with Nazir Ahmed Ghazi on 92 News .
• LLM /M Phil from University of South Asia
• LL.B University of the Punjab
• MS (Economics), Islamia University Bahawalpur
• MEd (Education), Islamabad
• MBA (Finance) CIMIT Lahore
• B.Com. University of the Punjab
• Diploma in Islamic Law, International Islamic University Islamabad
• ICMA -I Institute of Cost and Management Accountants
• Diploma in Commercial Banking
• Diploma in Computer Sciences
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point), C++ and Visual Basic Languages, Computerized Accounting, Web browsing, MS Windows, DOS, Lotus, Database management systems,InPaage.
Awards and Achievements:
• Honored with Human Rights Award from Lahore Bar Association in 2011.
• Honored with certificate and award by the Controller of Examination Punjab University Lahore for performing services in the field of Business education and Information Technology.
• General Secretary Dramatic Society of Govt. College of Commerce, Sargodha
• Won several prizes in Debates and Athletics.
Literary and Research Work:
• Qanoon Ki Hakmeyet “– a book comprising of different articles on law,
This Book of Law is a book for concept development. It comprises of articles based on the decisions of the High Courts and Supreme Court of Pakistan. This Book has covered Topics of Article 199 of the Constitution of Pakistan, Law of 489–F PPC about dishonor of cheques, Intellectual property Laws of Pakistan, Bail of Hardened criminals, International Divorces Laws, Laws of minor custody and Guardianship,and many more. This Book is recommended as an Academic Book for the examination of Civil Judges, Additional Session Judges, & ADBP by the President of Lahore High Court Bar Association Mr.Zulifqar Ali, &Ex-President Lahore High Court Bar and sitting Judge, Mr. Justice Anwar Ul Haq Punnon, Honorable Judge Lahore High Court Lahore.This Book has also been warmly welcomed by Judicial member Federal Board of Revenue,Commissioner Income Tax (R)Mian Masood Ahmadand got appreciation by Mr. Dilawer Choudary, Chairman World Columnist Club & Chief News Editor Nawa-i-Waqat Lahore, Mansoor Afaq Renowned Writer, Mazher Barlas Renowned Columnist,numerous senior advocates, academicians, columnists, etc.
• Man ki Dunya ki Jeet, a book on relationship betweenCreature and Allah SWT.
• Book on Shaheed-e-Tehrik-e-Pakistan Published in 2004
• A Book on Short Story of Crimes “ Aik Maqdma Aik Sachi”
• Editor Monthly Zavia, Lahore (2004-2006)
• Many articles published in “Bar and Bench” – Annual Magazine of Lahore Bar Association
More than 500 Articles published in leading newspapers like Daily Jang, Nawa-i-Waqt, Khabrain etc. on diverse topics including Constitution of Pakistan, Banking Law and Practice, Intellectual Property Rights, Civil Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, International Law, Economy of Pakistan, Pakistan Movement, Sufism, International affairs, etc.
Sadaf Kashif Vs State, 498,CrPC Case No. 150040-B-2018,Honorable Justice Abdul Sami Khan Lahore High Court Lahore 2018
MIAN MUHAMMAD ASHRAF ASMI